Alberici Constructors, Ltd. is a Canadian construction services firm that takes great pride in its legacy. For over 100 years, Alberici provides a full complement of construction services throughout North America, incuding industrial, energy, water, infrastructure, mining, structural steel, manufacturing and automotive markets. Alberici fosters an environment of teamwork and shared learning experiences. At Alberici, we are proud of the quality of life our buildings bring to families throughout North America.
Alberici is seeking an experienced Project Administrator who will provide general office support and services to a project of minor or moderate scope.
Position is based on projects within the GTA. Please note- this is a temporary, contract position.
Working at Alberici means satisfaction in knowing the work we do improves the lives of others. In turn, we continually invest in the development of our employees to provide them with fulfilling careers.
Come build your career with Alberici.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, however, other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General Office Support to include, but not limited to:
- Performs all administrative duties
- Greets and assists visitors
- Schedules meetings
- Maintains visitor, PPE & parking logs
- Processes & distributes incoming/outgoing mail
- Types, files and distributes forms and correspondence from project start-up to project closeout, including but not limited to, letters, transmittals, memos, meeting minutes, daily reports, RFI log, COR log, CO Log, weather day log, submittal log, cost code log and correspondence log
- Maintains field office, answers phones and forwards messages
- Maintains project photos (digital/album)
- Ensures office equipment is maintained and in working order
- Maintains staff vacation log and prepares monthly report for management
- Establishes accounts and orders consumable items as required (i.e. office supplies, paper goods, cleaning supplies, beverage service, etc.)
- Establishes and maintains phone/fax contact list, data communication, network server computers, printers, plotters, scanners, telephone system/voicemail, phone/fax with local phone company (for out of town projects)
- Obtains mobile phones, copiers, cameras, TV, etc.
- Sets up mail service, FedEx, UPS, etc.
HR/Payroll Support to include, but not limited to:
- Maintains new employee/safety orientation sign-off sheets
- Reviews project orientation package with new employees
- Submits paperwork for new hires and layoffs
- Completes and submits payroll time sheets
- Provides management with accurate manpower reports
Project Controls Support to include, but not limited to:
- Ensures proper permits are obtained, relative to project requirements
- Provides general field office and project control support and services to a project (size of project will determine the percentage of time devoted to project controls)
Physical Demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these demands.
Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to stand and walk. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The office work environment provides a safe and healthy environment, is adequately heated and cooled, is free from exposure and extreme conditions, has appropriate lighting and office furnishings and is smoke-free and drug-free.
While performing the duties of this position at the project site, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Post-secondary degree/diploma in Business Administration and 1 – 5 years experience , ideally in construction. Advanced working experience with Microsoft Office products. Prolog software skills are an asset.
Alberici is an equal opportunity employer. Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process.
**Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please be sure to continually visit our website for other related positions.