The Work is located at the Lanier Filter Plant, 2590 S Waterworks Rd, Buford, GA 30518. The Work to be performed under this Contract includes, but is not limited to, constructing the Work described below and all related appurtenances. The Work includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- All equipment, parts, coordination, access, labor, and temporary facilities necessary to perform refurbishment of twenty-one (21) existing slide gates at the Pretreatment Basin.
- Addition of electric actuators for all existing slide gates at the Pretreatment Basin, connection of actuators to the existing plant electrical power system and routing of actuator signals to a new PLC control panel.
- Demolition of the existing overflow pipe gate valve and checkered plate and installationof a new slide gate with electric actuator on the wall in front of the pipe opening. This includes cutting and reinforcing a new opening in the concrete top slab to install and access the gate.
- Installation of new overflow channel submersible pump, accessories, and discharge piping to the backwash channel of Filter Building No. Installation of new hose connections and hose reels as well as service water supply piping to the connections from the existing pipe in the yard. Includes the installation of a reduced pressure zone backflow preventer at the point of connection.
- Provide new radar level sensors in rapid mix influent channel.
- Install Owner furnished PLC control panel for new actuators and level sensors signals.
- PLC and HMI programming for integration of electric actuators and level sensors into existing SCADA system.
- Access for Owner’s Contractor to inspect the concrete in the treatment trains and the Overflow and Drain Channel of the Pretreatment Structure. Concrete repairs, including spall repairs and crack injection as recommended by Owner’s Contractor based on inspection.